Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ten

So I'm very pleased with myself that it didn't take me a month to update.

I come to you with another delicious recipe. Double Chocolate Cookie Bars. They are like little squares of heaven.

I made them a couple of weeks ago and my roommate ate most of the pan in a weekend.

I love this recipe because not only are they amazingly delicious they are really easy to make!



They are not brownies. They are fudgey bars with an oreo crust. I'm telling you bring them to a holiday party and everyone will love you.

24 OREO cookies
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Set aside 6 cookies and grind the rest in a food processor or blender. IN a small bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and butter until well blended. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Over a double broiler or in the microwave (for 1 minute), melt 1 cup of chocolate chips together with the condensed milk. Stir and add the vanilla. Stir frequently until smooth. Spread evenly over the crumb crust. Sprinkle the remaining cup of chocolate chips over the top. Break remaining cookies into pieces by hand and sprinkle over the top.

Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven. Cool completely before cutting into the bars.

I didn't have a 9x13 pan so I used a smaller one. Next time I make these I'm definitely going to try and find a larger pan. They were amazing regardless.

I borrowed this recipe from Swanky Pear and here is one of her photos. Because I neglected to take a picture after cutting into them. We were too busy eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment