Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday



Top 2 Things You've Learned About Friendship.

1. Distance doesn't make a difference.
My life is split between two places, New York City and Bumblefuck, Massachusetts. After moving to New York for college this was one of greatest lessons in friendships I have learned. I'm lucky enough to say that one of my dearest friends, Leanna, recently moved to New York. However, three of my oldest, closest friends don't live near me, at all. And I'm lucky if I see them once a year. It's not the quantity it's the quality of time spent with the people you care about. This was one of the hardest lessons for me to learn, and something that I had to hear from a lot of people I thought were my friends after I moved.

2. People Make Mistakes. We're not all perfect. Cliche, I know. There are sometimes that friendship is more give then take. People make bad choices, choose significant others over friendship, say hurtful words. True friends can always forgive.

I've been friends with these girls for as long as I can remember and many of my first memories about friendship involve them. Distance and time apart have only made us stronger.

1 comment: