Friday, October 1, 2010

One

Seeing that it's the first day of the month, I figured it would be a great day to finally start the blog that I've been telling myself that I was going to do for, well, months now.

I'm excited that it's October 1st. Maybe now Mother Nature will start to realize that it's fall. Rather then being humid and raining, the air will be crisp and the leaves will start to change color. I decided that it was appropriate to get ready for Halloween by hanging up my festive pumpkin lights.

They are honestly one of my favorite parts of fall. I can't wait to watch Hocus Pocus and horror movies.

There are lots of things going on in the city this fall. Some of things I'm looking forward to in particular are the Food Network New York City Food & Wine Festival. You can find more information on all of the events going on from Oct 7-10 at nycwineandfoodfestival.com

I also can't wait to do the Light the Night Walk this year on October 14. This will be my first year participate, however I've known about the walk for a few years now because of the Dear Jack Foundation. In New York City, the walk is happening at South Street Seaport/Brooklyn Bridge. For anyone who isn't familiar with Light the Night, the walk is to raise funds and awareness for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and blood cancers. (lightthenight.org)

Since it's now October, a lot of people's minds are on Halloween. Now I'm not usually one to put on a costume but I do love a good haunted house. I recently heard about Nightmare: Superstitions. Reviews talk about people coming out of the attractions in tears, therefore, I can't wait. The idea behind the house is that you have "break" different superstitions in every room of the house you enter. I love a good scare, and there are student rush tickets for $15 (regular tix are $30). Another scary attraction that seems to be popular in the city is Blood Manor. Tickets are $30 with a $3.50 handling fee. They also Student Nights were students can purchase a ticket at a discounted price of $20. Blood Manor has received press both online and last year they had a segment on a show on Travel Channel that featured different haunted houses across the country. (hauntedhousenyc.com and bloodmanor.com)

Now, this is just a taste of what is going on in the city this month. If you leave here or are coming for a visit you should check out this from Time Out New York and get an idea of some amazing things to check out in the city this fall. (newyork.timeout.com/articles/own-this-city/79341/101-things-to-do-in-new-york-city-in-the-fall)

No comments:

Post a Comment