Thursday, October 7, 2010

Two

So part of being a new blogger is getting in the habit of actually updating on some sort of regular basis. Also having something interesting to actually update about.

Yesterday I made one of most exciting purchases I have in a long time. A reusable coffee filter for my Keurig Coffee Maker. Now this may not be exciting for some people, or you may not understand why this is so amazing. But let me tell you, it is the best thing ever. For a bit of Keurig education, the machines use these things called K-cups to brew the coffee. Each cup has enough grounds for one cup. Now you can buy the K-cups many places; Kohls and Bed Bath & Beyond for example sell the boxes of 18 cups for about $9.99. One of my favorite places to go for cups is CoffeeCow.com because they have a huge selection that you can't always find in the store.

Unfortunately for Keurig owners they don't make K-cup is popular types of coffee such as Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts. With this reusable filter you can use whatever brand of coffee you want that may not be available to you in a k-cup. And for anyone who likes to be environmentally friendly you wont feel guilty for throwing away so much plastic.

The reviews on amazon.com are mixed, but let's be honest that's normal for any product. I plan on using mine tomorrow or this weekend, so I'll let you know how every thing turns out. In the mean time I'm still very excited about this. I realize I'm late to the party with this since it's been out since 2006, but oh well.

The reusable filters run for about $15-$20 depending on where you buy it. You can purchase it here at amazon.com for about $15 plus shipping. I bought my at Bed Bath & Beyond for $17. So no matter where you buy it it should even out to be the same.

So go, drink some coffee. I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment