Monday, January 24, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday



Top 2 Healthy Recipes and Snack ideas!


About 4 years ago, I did weight watchers while on summer break from college. I had a lot of success with it but unfortunately didn't have the time to commit to it once I went back to school.

Here are two recipes I have continued to enjoy.

Diet Soda Cupcakes Recipe


Makes 24 servings


Cake mix combined with diet soda makes yummy cupcakes!

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces of any diet soda
  • 1 package of cake mix


Directions
Combine cake mix and can of diet soda; cook as per directions on cake box. Makes 24 cupcakes.

For frosting I like to use Coolwhip. You can mix it with cocoa powder and use Splenda to sweeten.

And if you're doing Weight Watchers, if I remember correctly a cupcake is only 1 point.

Orange Crumbed Baked Chicken

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat crackers, crumbled
  • tablespoon orange zest, grated
  • 1 shallot, finely chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, freshly ground
  • 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, mustard and salt. On a sheet of wax paper combine the cracker crumbs, orange zest, shallot, and pepper. Brush the chicken on both sides with the mustard mixture then dredge in the crumbs, firmly pressing the crumbs to coat both sides. Place the chicken on the baking sheet.

Bake 15 minutes, turn over and bake until cooked through. 15 to 20 minutes longer.

Enjoy!




7 comments:

  1. That chicken sounds delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't tried those diet soda cupcakes...I'm dying to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes sound fabulous! I'm doing weight watchers so I will definitely have to try those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange chicken sounds super yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried the diet soda cupcakes before and I have to say that if you didn't know they were made with soda, you definitely would never be able to tell. Yum. That orange chicken sounds great. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Top 2 Tuesday. I love your blog!

    Wow, I never thought of soda and cupcakes being together. I'd love to try that sometime!

    If you stop by and decide to follow me, please be sure to let me know in a comment. I always follow blog. I love connecting with other personal bloggers!


    Happy Tuesday! Love, Mommy Kerin
    http://hergoodintentions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, those cupcakes are a weight watchers staple! love it! even dieting girls need their sweets!:)

    ReplyDelete